Needless to say, fish tanks have the ability to create the most relaxing and peaceful environment anywhere you place it and with a 50 Gallon fish tank, creating a thriving environment for the fishes become simpler and effective also.
However, if you are just avoiding such opportunity, thinking of the heavyweight then you can easily avail the acrylic made 50 Gallon aquarium which comes in a considerable weight of approx. 20 pounds only.
Why Opt For A 50 Gallon Fish Tank?
Instead of buying smaller tanks, it is always a great option to go for a bigger tank like a 50 Gallon, as an aquarist does not need to work hard for controlling the water chemistry.
Other than that I can give you some useful reasons for which you must buy a 50 Gallons of fish tank.
Housing Multiple Fish Schools:
In such a huge tank, you can literally keep 5 – 6 different schools of fishes comprising 4 – 5 fishes in every school, but with small tanks, your hands are just tight.
You can use your fish tank of 50 Gallon in multiple ways such as using it as a planted tank, freshwater fish tank, saltwater fish tank, 50 Gallon reptile tank, or 50 Gallon turtle tank. you can also use the tank in keeping colorful coral reefs.
3 In 1 Fish Tank:
The best way to maximize your opportunity in a 50 Gallon aquarium is by using the tank dividers. You can use up to 3 tank dividers while keeping enough space for your fishes to thrive well. The aesthetic beauty the tank will provide is completely jaw-dropping.
Décor As You Like:
Certainly, such huge space will provide you with enough opportunity to décor your tank as you like. So do not hold yourself from buying a 50 Gallon aquarium tank, which will hand you such enormous gains.
A 50 Gallon fish aquarium can be best used as a breeding tank for those fishes which are prolific breeders. If you are planning to increase the number of a particular species, then you can use the tank divider and breed on one side and keep the other fishes on the other.
After using your tank for several years, it might be the case that you want an upgrade. But for that, you do not need to just abandon this tank as you can resell it to other aquarium seekers who are always looking for 50 Gallon fish tank for sale. Or you can use this tank as a hospital or breeding tank.
Best 50 Gallon Fish Tank Reviews- 2017 Top Picks
SCA 50 Gallon Starfire Glass Aquariums Complete Package Review:
The SCA 50 Gallon fish tank is specially designed in California, which comes with a complete set along with a stand. It is the perfect kit, to start with and pretty affordable too. This PNP system from SCA is mainly for the saltwater fishes or marine lives and unsuitable for freshwater fishes.
This kit is appropriate for the starters because of its essential set of equipment. Also for an upgraded seeker who wants to change his previous 30 Gallon tank, this system can be the best alternative. Some of the features it includes:
Cube Shaped Fish Tank:
The dimensions of this cube-shaped tank are 24 x 24 x 20 inches with 3 holes drilled inside the overflow box. The 10 mm rimless glass is see-through from the top and both sides. Only the back and the bottom of the tank is made of drillable glass.
This 50 Gallon glass aquarium comes with a heavy duty cabinet with dual opening doors and the dimensions are 24 x 24 x 31 inches. It is made of MDF wood which is very sturdy in nature.
Those who don’t know what an MDF wood is then it is a type of manufactured wood which is better than pressboard hence, the robust structure of the cabinet will hold your tank well and safely.
This entire set up of the aquarium can be used as a corner fish tank in your house because of its cube shape and the considerable size of the cabinet. You can even ask the manufacturer to build the cabinet absolutely new for you.
The entire PNP system comes with a Sump of 19-3/4 x 16-1/2 x 13 inches. The sump keeps the mechanical equipment separated from the fish tank to give it a clutter-free look.
If you want to use the tank for freshwater fishes, then you can contact the manufacturer and he will separate the sump and the filter and will make you a good price.
A skimmer or a foam fractionator is added to the tank to remove the organic compounds like food and waste particles from the water of the tank. It is a must-have to keep your fishes healthy and to prevent fungal infections.
Atmen PH2500 return pump, Durso Stand Pipe, bulkheads, tubing, filter media, bio media and Return T pipe are included with this pack.
The aquarium and the cabinet come with the 3 years of manufacture warranty and the skimmer, pump, and other accessories come with 1 year of warranty period.
Things You Will Need:
Although this SCA 50 Gallon Starfire Glass Aquarium Package comes with all the required accessories, but still it needs some improvement to provide an aquarist with the perfect environment of fish keeping.
- 1 x Heater
- 1 x thermometer
- 2 x LED lights for day and night time.
The SCA 50 Gal tank package is the best starter kit for any upgrade seeker or newbie who wants to venture into the world of fish keeping. With this pack you will not need to think upon on the stand of your tank and also the whole package is coming at a very cost effective price. So buying this set will definitely hand you with the best cube tank with stand in the market.
SeaClear 50 Gal. Acrylic Aquarium Combo Set Review:
This combo pack from SeaClear is one of the most popular 50 Gallon Aquarium kit, even on Amazon. Those upgrade seekers who want a tank with the basic set of equipment, for them nothing will suit better than this which can be availed at a very affordable price.
SeaClear is a well-known name in the industry because of its superior manufacturing quality. This combo set is also not any different. Some of the essential features this pack includes:
- The fish tank comes with this combo pack is made of acrylic which is said to be 50% lighter in weight than the glass made, same volume fish tanks.
- The front corners are curved for increasing the aesthetic beauty of the tank.
- The backdrop or reflector available with this pack is of 3 colors. You can choose any one of them.
- The 24 inches of the electrical light fixture comes with the 20 watts of a fluorescent bulb.
- The brightness of the bulb can be adjusted accordingly.
- Acrylic made tank is more impact resistant than glass made tanks and also less prone to breakage.
- The sealed acrylic tank is not at all vulnerable to leakage which made it absolutely durable for longer use.
- The hood is sealed with the tank, but the light fixing compartment can be removed from the top to feed the fishes and clean the tank.
- The tank is safe for both freshwater and saltwater fishkeeping.
- The dimensions of the tank are 36 x 15 x 20 inches.
- The tank weighs 20 pounds only.
Things You Will Need:
As this set comes with the basic set of equipment, after buying this combo pack, you need to incorporate some of the necessary kits to accomplish it as a proper fish keeping aquarium set.
- 1 x 3-stage filter for biological, mechanical and chemical filtration.
- 1 x Water Conditioner for controlling the hardness of the water.
- 1 x Heater to keep the temperature in control.
- 2 x LED lights. (Optional)
- 1 x Thermometer. (Optional)
- 1 x pH Calculator. (Optional)
In order to get the basic, set up process so that you can get started and attach other kits one by one, this combo pack from SeaClear is absolutely a must-have.
The combo pack comes with very reasonable price and the acrylic tank is 17 times stronger than any other glass made tanks. Clearly, buying this pack will prove highly beneficial and which is why I will definitely recommend this pack to you.
Seapora 59211 50 Gallon Standard Aquarium Review:
If you are looking for a 50 Gallon aquarium that will last longer that provide you with a complete leakage proof housing, without giving any massive headache of maintenance then buying this complete glass made tank from Seapora will be the right decision of yours.
Although this product is not added with any external equipment to set up your complete fish tank, but this tank offered by Seapora has an array of features included.
- The 59211 50 gallons of tank is manufactured in the United States and very sturdy in nature because of its well-built.
- The complete glass made tank is sealed in the corners with silicone that adds special aesthetic beauty to the tank.
- According to the buyers, the glass of the tank is less prone to chipping.
- Not only that the glass is comparatively more scratch-proof so it is safer for kids and pets.
- Because of the sturdiness of the glass and the silicone sealers, the overall housing is completely water-leakage proof, which states a longer period of usage.
- The dimensions of this 50 Gallon tank are 10 x 3.5 x 5 inches.
- The tank weighs only 3.5 pounds.
Things You Will Need:
As Seapora is only offering the fish tank, to complete the entire set of fish keeping you need to add some crucial equipment that will provide your aquatic lives with the proper thriving environment.
- 1 x Fish tank hood.
- 1 x 50 Gallon fish tank filter with 3- stage filtration.
- 1 x Heater with adjusting temperature control.
- 1 x Thermometer, can be availed with the heater.
- 2 x LED lights with the option to control the brightness.
- 1 x Water Conditioner for controlling the hardness of the water.
- 1 x pH calculator to check the constant pH fluctuation.
If you ask me, why should you buy this 50 gallons of tank from SeaClear then my answer is absolutely simple, because of the sturdiness and the long durability of the tank. Other than this tank, you will not get any sturdy glass made fish tank in the market and also within such pocket-friendly budget.
Aqua Tower Hexagon Aquarium Kit Review
If you are bored with the common fish tank shapes, then this hexagon 50 Gallon aquarium from Aqua Tower is absolutely for you. With its incredible shape, it adds a special charm to your room or wherever you place it. The black colored tank with such manufacturing brilliance definitely worth a shot.
Although the kit only includes the hexagon fish tank but the features it has, are worth mentioning and buying too.
- The fish tank is made in the United States with absolute care and sturdiness.
- Acrylic is the primary material used in manufacturing the tank.
- The tank is completely impact-resistant and scratch-proof which makes it a perfect companion for any household with kids and pets.
- The acrylic made tanks are comparatively more aesthetic than the glass ones.
- This tank is for the freshwater aquatic lives.
- The dimensions of the tanks are 16 x 16 x 76.5 inches which mean you do not need a large space to accommodate this tank.
- The shipping weight from Amazon is 90 pounds.
Things You Will Need:
As acrylic made tanks are said to be more enhancer of lights and other decors, you will not need to spend much on the decoration. But there are certainly some essential accessories you will need to incorporate in order to complete it.
- 1 x 3-stgae filter.
- 1 x Heater with the customization option.
- 2 x LED lights also with brightness adjustment feature.
- 1 x thermometer.
- 1 x pH calculator.
- 1 x Water Conditioner.
Usually, you will not get much variety on hexagon acrylic made fish tank in the market
- How difficult is it to set up a 50 Gallon aquarium?
- If you are a starter and wanting to set up the aquarium of 50 Gallon for the first time, then it may seem overwhelming to match other essential equipment like a filter, lighting, heater etc. with your tank. So it is recommended to buy a complete 50 Gallon aquarium kit that comes with all necessary equipment so that you do not need to try hard in setting up the perfect environment for your aquatic lives.
- What are the 50 Gallon fish tank dimensions?
- There are no fixed dimensions available for a 50 Gal aquarium, as those largely depend on the manufacturer. But the average dimensions of a 50 Gallon cube aquarium are 24″ W x 24″ L x 20″ H.
- How much space do I need for a 50 Gallon long aquarium?
- A long fifty Gallon fish tank usually comes in the dimensions of 36.4″ x 18.4″ x 19″ approximately. However, the manufacturing dimensions largely depend on the companies.
- How much does a 50 Gallon fish tank cost?
- If you are opting to buy 50 Gallon aquarium only, then the price will range between lower $$$ – mid $$$, although the complete kits come at higher prices.
- How much is a 50 Gallon fish tank starter kit?
- The starter kit price of a 50 Gallon aquarium usually ranges between lower to mid $$$
- What is the appropriate fish for 50 Gallon tank?
- You can keep as many as fish you want. But if you want to keep only one fish then a crocodile fish will suit better as it gets longer with the passing time, but it is not an active swimmer. So you may feel the need of some other fishes who will swim and play hard in your large 50 gal. fish tank.
For that, you can keep a school of molly fishes having 7 – 8 in numbers. They are calm in nature and will swim all around the tank. However, crocodile fish is semi-aggressive in nature, it will spend most of its time in one corner of your 50 Gallon aquarium so keeping the mollies with it will be fine.
For the starters as well as for the upgrade seekers a 50 gallon fish tank can be the ideal starting kit to venture into the fish keeping hobby. The best part of a 50 Gallon aquarium is that you can utilize it in multiple ways to get the best out of it.
So, do not hesitate at all, while making a purchase decision as from a 50 Gallon corner aquarium to a hexagon tank, you will get an array of choices to fit it into your small space. Also in terms of weight, you can have the acrylic made ones, as they are 50% lighter in weight than the glass tanks.