If you have ever been interested in fishes, you would know how difficult it is to maintain them. There are a lot of people who think that this job might be pretty easy. Well yes, only if you have the Best Canister Filter Setup at the base of your aquarium.
With our schedules getting busier day by day we hardly have time to explore our hobbies. There are a lot of things that we fail to do. Fish hobbyists take great pleasure in maintaining a fish tank, preserving fishes and looking after them. This takes a lot of time. Once you have something that will help you do the work faster you do not have to worry that much.
A Canister Filter is something that you need to keep your fishes healthy and happy. If you have some exotic breed in your aquarium that needs special care, you just have to have a Canister filter setup at your place.
What are the main features of a Canister filter?
The main features that separate a Canister Filter from the others are:
- The capacity of canister filters can be a varied. You can find a canister filter for any size of aquarium you own. There are filters with huge capacity and there are filters with less capacity.
- There are Canister filters available for saltwater and freshwater aquariums differently. However, some filters provide for both.
- The main feature that separates it from the rest is that the impure water in the aquarium has to go through three filtration processes inside a canister filter. The first one is Mechanical Filtration, the second one is Biological filtration and the third one is Chemical filtration. These three stages will look into the fact that there are no visible or non-visible impurities left in the aquarium to harm the fishes.
- There is hardly any kind of noise that the motor produces in a Canister filter. The motors are designed in a way such that it does not allow sound to percolate.
- The setup is strong. There are hardly any leakages that are possible in such kind of filters.
- There are canister filters upgraded with a lot of features like AquaStop that will make the cleaning part easy.
- These kind of filters are usually user-friendly. The Canister filter setup is not that difficult and even if it is, they provide the users with an instruction manual on how to do the particular job easily.
- Canister filters are available at different prices. You need not worry about your budget.
What to look for when you are buying a Canister Filter:
When you know the characteristics of Canister filters, You will automatically want to buy it. If you are interested in getting a Canister Filter for your aquarium, you need to follow these things. These points will help you choose the best one of the lot.
- Look for a filter that is easy to clean. Remember, you do not have enough time to invest in the cleaning. Get a filter that has instruments that make the cleaning procedure easy.
- Once you are buying a filter, you need to take care of the fact that all the parts are individually available. If a certain part is not working well make sure you can replace it without changing the entire filter.
- Also, make sure that the parts are timely maintained. If you fail to maintain the parts timely, it will stop functioning well.
- You need to choose a filter according to your needs. Take into notice the capacity that you might be needing and also the electricity consumption.
- There are saltwater and freshwater canister filters separately available. You need to get whatever you want.
How to go ahead with a Canister filter Setup:
This is the place where we provide you with the detailed points that you need to do while you are going for an external Canister Filter Setup. You need a number of things in mind. Different Canisters might have different procedures of getting installed. However, here are certain points that are universally needed for all.
For a fish tank Canister Filter setup, you need to determine what kind of filter you will need for your aquarium. You have to check the capacity and find out if the filter is good enough to purify the water of your aquarium.
Once you are done with choosing the best filter for your aquarium you have to concentrate on the installation. The first thing that you have to do is to distinguish the input and output pipes and then fix it in the Canister Filter where they are supposed to be.
Now, determine the place from which you would want the canister filter to work. Once the place is fixed, you have to measure the distance between the pipes and the input-output ports on the Canister.
As soon as you are done with the process, you will have to cut the pipes into a size that is slightly longer than the distance that was measured. You need to do this to ensure that there are no obstacles in the flow of water.
The next steps are:
The next part is that you have to connect the pipes from inside the aquariums to the ports of the filter. See to the fact that they are correctly inserted.
The next step is that you have to fill the filter basket with filter media. Ensure that the basket is clean. The filter media has to be according to whatever the manufacturers have recommended. The pipes have to match such that the water can flow freely. Look into the fact that the basket fits inside the Canister for it to work well.
The next step is to fill the filter with some de-chlorinated water from the aquarium. The only step left for you is to check if the O-ring is wet. Once these things are done, check and recheck if there are any leakages in the cover. Once you are done with the checking, switch the power on.
The Canister filter will function after this.
I hope you have all your queries answered after reading through this article. If you would want to know anything regarding the same, You can visit our site and get all your queries answered.