- 1 Best 60 Gallon Fish Tank Reviews – 2017 Top Picks
- 2 1) CAD Lights 60 Gallon True Cube – Best 60 Gallon Aquarium:
- 3 2) Advance Aqua Tanks Acrylic 60 Gallon Aquarium Review:
- 4 3) Perfecto Manufacturing APF10660 60-Gallon Fish Tank Review:
- 5 4) Seapora 56026 Rf Series Reef Ready Rimless 60 Gal Fish Tank Review:
- 6 5) Seapora 52196 Cube 60 Gallon Fish Tank Review:
Although a 60 Gallon fish tank is not the largest aquarium to have, it is adequate in terms of creating an appropriate underwater environment.
Those upgrade seekers who want their 40 gallons or similar tank to be replaced by the best 60 gallon fish tank, then hold your breath as you are definitely going to experience a new difference filled with excitements. However, the freshers, in fish-keeping are also welcome, to taste such diversity.
In this article, I will give you a detailed review of the top 60 Gallon aquarium in the market right now, and I hope it will fulfill your requirements to choose one among the lot.
|Advance Aqua Tanks||Both Salt and Freshwater||$$$|
|Perfecto Manufacturing APF10660||Both Salt and Freshwater||$$$|
|Seapora 56026 Rf Series Reef Ready||Both Salt and Freshwater||$$$|
|Seapora 52196 Rimless Cube Aquarium||Both Salt and Freshwater||$$$|
How Buying The Best 60 Gallon Fish Tank Will Prove Beneficial For You?
The math is clear enough—when you are investing money, you literally want the return on investment. Now, fish tanks are mostly, to décor and sustaining the fishkeeping hobby, and hence the ROI will be measured differently. So here are your returns.
Eye-Popping Coral Reefs:
Bigger tanks are suitable for keeping saltwater or marine lives and as you know, marine lives are more colorful than tropical fishes—you can actually double the opportunity by keeping coral reefs. The colorful and beautiful reefs need minimum to no maintenance while providing a jaw-dropping aesthetic beauty.
The hub for Big Fishes:
Now, when you have such a big tank like a 60 gallon, do you really want to keep dwarf fishes? Trying some biggies, like the crocodile, jack Dempsey etc. will cause no harm rather will make your tank stand apart.
60 Gallons of fish keeping tank, demands something adventurous. Try some reptiles and do me one favor, please ensure the lid of the tank is tight enough for your reptile to escape.
Some of the underwater plant species are really gorgeous and rare to find. If you manage to get those from your local pet store, it will definitely add your tank a new angle.
Well, I always speak the truth and this time, let me tell it for you. We get easily bored with the same tank and want an upgrade if obviously, we have that space. The best part is, you can get a fair resell value from a 60 Gallon aquarium because some people are also there who are continuously in search of such tanks on sale.
Best 60 Gallon Fish Tank Reviews – 2017 Top Picks
1) CAD Lights 60 Gallon True Cube – Best 60 Gallon Aquarium:
This is a jaw-dropping set of the CAD lights Versa series which is available in both black and white stand and the price is same. So you can avail any of them. The cube design and the sleek and modern look of the stand are definitely the standalone setup which your house is begging for.
Not only in the terms of look, your mind will be blown by its features too. If you are planning on buying a 60 Gallon fish tank with the stand then the review is worth reading.
- Extremely sturdy glass made aquarium with the rimless look, which means nothing is blocking your way to the soothing view of the vibrant fishes swimming inside the tank.
- The tank is made of Ultra clear glass with a low amount of iron, so no blurry effect of the glass, only clear view.
- All the Versa series CAD lights tanks including this have the diamond glazier-polished edges which provide a high-quality look that matches the pricey set of furniture in your living room.
- The cube design allows both maximum space and uniqueness.
- The tank is suitable for, reptiles, marine lives, reefs, freshwater fishes and also for keeping plants, hence you get the advantage of multiple usages.
- The glass is 10 MM thick, so do not at all worry about its capability of holding such huge volume of water and aquatic lives.
- The glass is comparatively scratch-proof and impact-resistant while providing an accomplished tank with an absolute leakage proof system.
- The rimless glass is specially build to reduce evaporation.
- The professional, polished gross black colored stand is made of MDF wood which is very sturdy in nature.
- The dimensions of the cabinet are 23.5 x 23.5 x 36 inches.
- The cube tank has the dimensions of 23.5 x 23.5 x 23.5 inches.
- The overall height of the tank with stand is 60 inches.
- Total weight of the tank and the stand is 180 pounds.
- 1 x overflow box made of curved acrylic.
- 1 x complete Durso drain and return system.
- 1 x Loc-line plumbing kit.
- 1 x 18G 3-chamber multipurpose pump with high compatibility.
- 1 x silent Pump that runs at a speed of 500 Gallons per hour.
Things You Will Need:
Although the tank is coming with some necessary kits still there are some other pieces of equipment missing to complete the entire setup for your fish keeping. You can buy these things separately or in a combo pack.
- 1 x Heater for adjusting the temperature.
- 1 x thermometer which can be avail with the heater.
- 1 x water conditioner to control the water hardness for freshwater fishes.
- 2 x Led lights or maybe more.
- 1 x pH calculator; extremely essential while keeping saltwater fishes.
- 1 x pack of the Marine salt mix.
If you are buying this aquarium from Amazon, then it will be shipped out within next 2 days and also you will get 2 free, 4 inches of 200 Micron non-rip filter sock with this pack.
It seems like if you buy this product you are going to avail many features with it. also, the offers going are too lucrative to miss.
If you are thinking that this 60 Gallon fish tank is not fitting on your budget, then I don’t think stretching your budget a bit will bring loss to you, as in any way you will need to buy or make the stand separately, which will cost you more.
Also, the complete set up is coming with 2 years of manufacturing warranty, so overall it will be a cost effective deal for you.
2) Advance Aqua Tanks Acrylic 60 Gallon Aquarium Review:
If the first tank on this top 5 list, is really not fitting into your budget and/or you want to buy a fish tank of 60 Gallon without any stand then this tank from Advance Aqua Tanks can be your game.
Not only in terms of affordability, this huge volume of the tank has a strikingly beautiful design with great aesthetic beauty provided by the acrylic body. Also, the blue color compliments the entire sleek look of the tank marvelously.
And I bet the features this tank offers coming without any set of equipment will astonish you. So keep reading to know more.
- First of all, buying an acrylic made tank always comes with great advantages like the acrylic ones are 50% lighter than any glass made tank.
- The sturdy built of acrylic is better than any glass made tanks in terms of giving complete leakage-proof system, hence buying this tank will let you use it for years.
- If your house is full of kids or pets, then having a glass made aquarium, will be risky, whereas the complete impact-resistant and scratch-proof acrylic tanks will bring no risk.
- The rectangular shape of this tank is although agreeably common but to give your fishes enough room to swim, nothing will suit better than this.
- Acrylic is 40% brighter than glass, also the rimless view with the blue background of the tank will help your vibrant color fishes and decorations to pop out even more beautifully.
- The tank is suitable for freshwater, marine water and reefs.
- Also, the tank is coming with a lid of black color.
- The total shipping weight of this 60 Gallon aquarium is 48 pounds.
Things You Will Need:
Now, after buying the tank, the real challenge comes, as to complete the entire set you will need to add those crucial set of equipment. If you are planning to setup a saltwater tank, then you will need the below things:
- 1 x 3-stage filter or sump with a soundless working feature.
- 2 x LED lights.
- 1 x Heater to take control of the temperature.
- 1 x Hydrometer to check the fluctuation of temperature.
- 1 x pH Calculator.
- 1 x Pack of Marine Salt Mix.
All of them will be applicable in setting up a freshwater tank also. Just a bottle of water conditioner will be appreciated so that you can control the hardness of the water.
There is no doubt that the product is coming at a really reasonable rate and you can avail a 50% lighter, 40% brighter and 17% stronger fish tank than any glass made aquariums.
But you will need to take care of the accessories and the setup process, as no setup guide is coming with this pack—which is a downside but overall if you judge the price and its durability then it will be a cost-effective deal. So, I will definitely recommend this tank from Advance Aqua Tanks to you.
3) Perfecto Manufacturing APF10660 60-Gallon Fish Tank Review:
The Perfecto Manufacturing APF10660 aquarium of 60 Gallons comes at simple yet effective features. The price is also reasonably low and overall the quality of the tank will precede your expectations.
- The fish tank is made of absolute clear glass which provides an explicit view of the fish tank.
- The glass is impact-resistant and comparatively less prone to chipping.
- If your house is full of kids and pet then no need to worry as the manufacturer claims, the glass is more scratch-proof than other glass made fish tanks.
- The silicone sealed top frames, on the other hand, prevents capillary action.
- The huge volume and the rectangular shape of the tank give your fishes enough room to swim.
- The dimensions of the tank are 48 x 13 x 24 inches.
Things You Will Need:
Surely only the tank is not enough to complete your set up for keeping fishes. You need to add some more set of equipment like-
- 1 x 60 Gallon fish tank lid.
- 1 x 3-stage filter.
- 1 x water conditioner.
- 1 x 1 heater and thermometer.
- 2 x LED lights for day and moonlight effect.
- 1 x pH calculator (Optional).
I will recommend this fish tank to only those who are short on budget but still want a 60 gallon aquarium for their fish keeping hobby. Also, beginners who are just venturing into this hobby can try this tank, but my heart will always remain with the CAD lights version tank with the stand.
4) Seapora 56026 Rf Series Reef Ready Rimless 60 Gal Fish Tank Review:
This reef ready tank is specially designed into its rectangular shape to accommodate reefs well and nicely. If you are planning to buy a tank that you only want to use for reefs and may be for dwarf fishes, then nothing will suit perfectly than this tank from Seapora.
The fish tank comes with below features intact:
- The best part of this tank is that it is made in the United States which means this company does not manufacture its aquarium from any outside country to cut costs rather they focus on the quality more.
- The clear glass made tanks are sealed with silicone which prevents capillary action or leakage.
- The leakage-proof housing provides you the option to hold the 60 gallons of water along with other accessories like filter, heater, fishes, gravels etc. for a longer period of time.
Things You Will Need:
If you are keeping fishes with the reefs, then you will need the below set of equipment:
- 1 x Fish tank hood.
- 1 x 3- stage filter.
- 1 x Water Conditioner for controlling the hardness of the water.
- 1 x Heater with adjusting temperature control.
- 1 x Hydrometer.
- 2 x LED lights for imitating day and moonlight.
- 1 x pH calculator.
- 1 x Pack of Marine Salt Mix.
It is one of the most affordable aquariums in the market to keep reefs and have a nice decoration. So I will definitely recommend you to have this as it will both save your money and provide you efficiency.
5) Seapora 52196 Cube 60 Gallon Fish Tank Review:
Seapora is no doubt a well-known name in the industry and most of the sturdy glass made tanks are availed from this company. If you are not aware of its reputation, then maybe it is the right time to know about its cube-shaped 60 Gallons tank.
- Cube shaped tank with silicone rims to prevent any leakage so that you can get an accomplished tank for a longer period of time.
- The tank is both suitable for freshwater and marine water fishes but not appropriate for reefs because of the shape.
- The tank is made in the United States with extreme efficiency.
- The maintenance of the product is very easy.
Things You Will Need:
To make this tank a thriving place for your fishes you will need the below set of equipment:
- 1 x Fish tank lid.
- 1 x 3-stage filter for proper filtration.
- 2 x LED lights for the daytime and moonlight effect.
- 1 x heater to control the temperature of the tank.
- 1 x Water conditioner to control the hardness of the water.
- 1 x Fishnet for multipurpose usage.
- 1 x pH Calculator (Optional).
- 1 x thermometer.
If you are planning to keep your marine water fishes, then you will need an additional bag of Marine Salt Mix.
This is a multipurpose tank which you can get at an affordable price. If you have the above set of equipment you can transform it into a thriving underwater environment. This will definitely be a worthy buy for you. Just do not forget to use a sturdy stand to hold such weight.
- What is the 60 Gallon fish tank price?
- The price will largely depend on the manufacturing material and other accessories. But usually the top 60 Gallon fish tank available in the market range from $ mid-high.
- Should I buy a 60 Gallon fish tank with stand?
- First of all, 60 Gallons of tanks are really heavy and after keeping fishes it becomes heavier, so certainly you will need a sturdy stand to keep that tank safe. If you opt for a tank and the stand from the same manufacturer, then the durability and safety of the entire set up come with a guarantee and it will be highly beneficial for you.
- How can I convert any fish tank measurements to gallons of 60?
- What are the 60 Gallon fish tank dimensions?
- While converting fish tank sizes in Gallons, you will not always get the actual result. However, the total dimension of the 60 Gallon of tank is around 13860 cube inches. So you can calculate the dimensions and see if that is equal or closer to this, then the tank will be approximately of 60 Gallon.
- How to calculate gallons in a fish tank while adding medicine?
- While adding or mixing medicine, and following the instructions we usually make mistakes in calculating the total gallons of water.
Suppose you have a fish tank that measures 60 Gallon, but the actual water in the tank may not be the same amount. As you have to leave some inches from the rim, and also if you are having a filter that you need to submerge into the water, then automatically the water level will rise, because of submerging it. So while applying the medicine do not forget to keep these essential things in mind.
With a tank that of 60 gallons, several things you need to keep in mind. If you are planning to buy such a tank, do not forget to keep ready a sturdy stand first, because the aquarium will no doubt be heavy and if you are opting for a glass made one over the acrylic, then there will always remain the chance of breaking it.
So make, sure you are fulfilling the first priority of having the best 60 Gallon fish tank. However, you can also buy a fish tank with the stand so that you can save some bucks unlike making or buying it separately. Also, the entire set-up will come with a warranty and hence will be perfect for you.